Carbon Monoxide Alarm

On average, more than 400 people in the United States alone die every year from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that is a byproduct of incomplete combustion. Carbon monoxide can be caused by a gas appliance that is not working properly as well as fireplaces, BBQ pits, and automobiles that are parked inside of your garage. Signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headache, weakness, fatique, nausea and vomiting.

The Terrell Hills Fire Department recommends that every home should have at least one carbon monoxide alarm located near the sleeping area on each level of the home. We also recommend that all gas appliances and fireplaces should be inspected by a qualified technician annually. If your carbon monoxide alarm activates, move everyone outside of the home and call 911.

THFD helmet flamesFor more information please contact the Terrell Hills Fire Department.

CITY HALL (210) 824-7401
FAX (210) 822-2297
Police & Fire Dispatch (210) 824-1009
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm